For an overview of the Return Authorization form, see Return Authorization (RA) Entry.
Before you enter a return, make sure you have adequate information about the goods being returned, including:
- The invoice numbers to be credited. You can enter the number of an existing OE invoice or leave the OE Invoice number blank
- Whether items will be returned to inventory for resale.
- The document number to assign to the RMA. (Prefixes and next numbers are listed in the R/A Options form.)
To enter a new RMA:
Depending on the template and your selections for the Fill Details By field, the program fills in many of the fields, as described in Using Templates and Default Values, but you can edit the fields, as necessary.
If you do not specify a template or an invoice number, you enter the details manually.
Open Return Material Authorization > R/A Transactions > Return Authorization Entry.
Note: If the RMA Entry screen is already open on an existing RA, you can create a new RA by clicking the New button to the right of the RA No. field.
- Enter the RA number or accept *** NEW *** to have RMA assign the next available RMA number when you post the RMA.
RMA assigns RA numbers according to settings you specify on the Processing tab of the RA Options screen or associated RA Template screen.
- Enter the customer number in one of the following ways:
- Enter the Customer Number, and then press Tab.
- Use the Finder Icon to select the number.
You can also create a new customer, look up customer information, and edit bill-to information for the customer. More...
- On the Return Authorization tab, enter general information for the RA. More...
Add comments or shipping instructions
Enter vendor or customer warranty information
- Check, and correct as
necessary, the information that appears on the following tabs:
- Optional Fields
- Click Add or Save
You can now:
- Print the RMA instructions and RMA Authorization for the warehouse and customer, respectively.
- Monitor and change the status of the RMA, as needed (internal status, external status, fault code, repair agent code).